Now, I might not be a great photographer, but I feel anyone can be good, creative, and have fun with it. I’m also a proud owner of three cameras……ha! I love them. But no matter what quality you have, there is always something to capture. Beautiful things. Breathtaking things. Funny things. Remarkable things. Don’t feel intimidated. There are things to capture everywhere, even when you think the “scenery” is old news. Here are some tips to find new perspective when capturing moments:
- Get down and dirty- Ok, all I’m saying is, lay down on your stomach and you have a whole new look on something relatively simple and usual. This can take your pictures from ordinary to WOAH.
- Ok, now get high- Since you’ve taken the ground approach, shoot some pictures from height! climb some stairs, shoot straight down, and look what you can find.
- Literally change angles- Instead of straight-on angles, try stepping to the left or right a few feet, shoot, sometimes a few inches does a world of difference. Try it out 🙂
- Teeny tiny details? Find them- Move closer, and capture intricate details of something. Ever see a picture of an object and you don’t really know what it is? It creates intrigue trying to figure it out.
- Try out a new Frame- try looking for ways to surround your subject with another element in the scene. Framing up your subject is a great technique to add depth and visual impact to your photography.
What are other tips for people wanting to find new perspective? What about just good tips in general? Share! 🙂