This post, is a post like no other….this post is actually from a guest blogger. Basically, she is fabulous, hilarious, and randomly ravishing. Her name? Liz Colburn, and she’s got something for everyone: funny, serious, fashion, and social media. Go ahead and check our her page. Here’s her latest blog post, and I personally love it!
Spring is finally here – so that means shorts, skirts, shaved legs, bikinis and – manicures? Yes! Manicured nails are a fun and easy way of spicing up any outfit – especially with bright colors!
This season the popular colors seem to be variations of pinks and corals and as always, shades of turquoise! My favorite turquoise color is OPI Mermaid Tears from the Pirates of the Caribbeancollection.
Similar colors include:
- Essie: Turquoise & Caicos
- Essie: Beach Bum Blue
- OPI: Thanks a WindMillion
If you are more into shades of pink, these are my favorites:
- OPI: Suzi & the Lifeguard
- OPI: You’re a Pisa Work
- OPI: Passion
So once you have picked out your favorite spring color, it is time to do the “cure” part of the manicure.
- File your nails – be sure nails are completely dry first, or your nails may split
- Treat Cuticles – you can do this by soaking nails in warm, soapy water and then push them back with a nail stone
- Apply Basecoat – this will keep the nails from yellowing – My favorite is OPI base coat
- Apply two coats of color – allow about 2 minutes in-between coats
- Apply Top Coat – My favorite top coat is OPI RapiDry – It dries the nails to the touch in 60 seconds
- Fix any “uh oh’s” – Use a Q-tip with nail polish remover on it to gently brush off the excess nail polish from the skin
TIP: OPI has a fabulous new product out called Drip Dry – this product is AMAZING! You simply follow this manicure guide, and after applying the top coat take the dropper and drop one to two drops on each nail. Nails dry to the touch in 60 seconds, and completely dry in five minutes.
So now you are ready for spring! – Well, your nails at least.