That’s right! Another installment of Things to Stop Doing to Yourself. Hope you enjoy!
- Stop spending time with the wrong people. Life is too short to waste your time with people who suck all the happiness out of you. If someone wants you in their life, they will make room; you wouldn’t have to fight for a spot. Never insist on spending time with people who continuously look over your worth or don’t put value on you.
- Stop lying to yourself. You can lie to anyone else in the world, but you can’t lie to yourself. Our lives improve only when we take chances, and the first and most difficult chance we take is to be honest with ourselves. Think of it as The Road Less Traveled.
- Stop trying to be someone you’re not. You are extremely unique, so stop trying to copy and morph yourself into someone else or something you’re not. Don’t change so people will like you. Be yourself.
- Stop berating yourself for old mistakes. We may end up falling for the wrong person or get emotional about the wrong things, but no matter how things go wrong, but in all that happens, mistakes make us better. We learn, we grow, and we more fully develop into the person we are meant to be. Your mistakes do not define you.
- Stop exclusively looking to others for happiness. If you’re not happy with yourself, you won’t be happy otherwise. Don’t look to people for happiness; happiness comes from within, not man. You need stability inside before you can share it with someone else.