I hope that the previous Things to Stop Doing to Yourself Part 1, 2, and 3 were enjoyable! But I want to add ANOTHER installment. Yeah, yeah, you might be thinking, “holy cow another one,” but they are too good not to share! Here it goes!
- Stop focusing on what you don’t want to happen. Focus on what you do want to happen. Positive thinking is at the core of all great success stories. If you wake up anticipating something good to happen, more than likely, even if small, something good will come to light.
- Stop worrying so much. Worry does nothing but add more stress to the current stress load. Thinking about all the worry will strip you from the good right in front of you. Honestly, will it really matter a year from now? If no, stop sweating it and take your mind on positive.
- Stop blaming others for your troubles. The extent to which you achieve is proportionate to the extent you take responsibility for yourself. When you blame others, you deny responsibility. Doing that gives others power over that area in your life.
- Stop trying to make things perfect. The only true perfection is God and we are most definitely not Him. If you critique every work, you’ll waste your life away. And furthermore, the real world does not reward perfectionists, but instead those who get things done.
- Stop running from your problems. Face them! Of course they won’t be easy. Great victories don’t come from every battle being easy. And we’re not supposed to be able to solve every problem instantly; that’s not how we’re designed. Besides, struggles allow us to learn, grow, adapt, mature, and become more fully who we are meant to be. Though a hard task, facing your problems, your rewards will be better than all those problems.