It seems like lately the majority of movies have lost old film making charm. With all the special effects and streamlining celebrity actors, we now lean on more of the skills we can build with computers and actors that bring in crowds just because of their name, not always because of their raw acting ability.
That’s why I’m writing today, to remind you of the BEST films. In the warm summer nights, watch some of these timeless movies to bring all those warm feelings back 😉
- Pretty in Pink. 1986. This is a story of a poor girl that must choose between the affections of her doting childhood sweetheart and a rich but sensitive playboy. Overcoming personal obstacles and finding true love are the themes throughout this movie. Molly Ringwald, the main actress, starred in several of these blockbuster, feel-good 80s movies. Look it up, great acting.
- The Breakfast Club. 1985. Five high school students, all different stereotypes, meet in detention, where they pour their hearts out to each other, and discover how they have a lot more in common than they thought. There’s a rebel, a jock, a princess, a freak, and a nerd. They all come together and create a strong bond. And I would even venture to say that this movie has one of the best film soundtracks ever created.
- Jaws. 1975. When a gigantic great white shark begins to menace the small island community of Amity, a police chief, a marine scientist and grizzled fisherman set out to stop it. With this breakthrough genre blockbuster, it set the scene for all future suspense movies, rocking box offices, and furthering the brand with 3 additional movies. WATCH THEM ALL. Won 3 Oscars. Another 9 wins & 13 nominations. They are easily my FAVORITE movies. That, along with my next classic must see choices!
- Indiana Jones: Raider of the Lost Ark. 1981. Archeologist and adventurer Indiana Jones is hired by the US government to find the Ark of the Covenant before the Nazis. He also has a line of movies, all in which you should see.
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. 1986. A high school wise guy is determined to have a day off from school, despite of what the principal thinks of that. He has great experiences, like signing and having a party during the parade, catching a baseball at a big baseball game, and more. The ultimate right of passage adventure movie. And who doesn’t love Matthew Broderick??
So, go out, watch these AMAZING movies, and I promise you won’t regret it.
As always, be blessed.