With 2013 well under way, I plan to be more diligent in reading books. I’ve always enjoyed it but rarely have time for it. So instead, I am making time and being more intentional with my spare time. In the spring/summer session, these are the books and/or authors that are on my “to do” list!
- F Scott Fitzgerald. Author of “The Beautiful and Damned,” “The Great Gatsby,” and he’s even the author of the Star Bangled Banner! I recently purchased a collection of his stories from year 1920-22, which is actually shown in the picture above. I want to read the entire thing as well as “The Great Gatsby,” which isn’t in the book I purchased. But Fitzgerald WILL happen. He’s historic, iconic, and completely classic. If he’s not on your book list, he needs to be added. OH. And did I mention it’s bring turned INTO A MOVIE. WITH LEO. If you weren’t sold you should be now!
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. Leo Tolstoy’s classic story of doomed love is one of the most admired novels in world literature. Generations of readers have been enthralled by his magnificent heroine, the unhappily married Anna Karenina, and her tragic affair with dashing Count Vronsky. With such great words and being turned into a movie as well, it is a must read. Even won an Oscar last night for costume design.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin. Gasp! I know, I haven’t read it yet but I am going to! It is timeless, and crazy intertwining of characters and their love.
- Circle Maker by Mark Batterson. This book is what it looks like to dream God’s dream for your life. How to claim the promises of God over your life and to circle it physically, in your prayer life, and in your passions. It helps you discover the course of your dreams but giving them to God. Great reviews, and I’ve heard him speak and what a man!
- Undaunted by Christine Caine. This book talks about being unleashed from the ordinary, mundaneness of life and discovering what chains you and how to go for more.
There is so much life in books. It gives you inspiration, an inside to other lives and cultures, and gives you a yearning for the great adventure of life.
These are just some of the great reads I will be accomplishing very soon! If you have any other suggestions for books to read, PLEASE let me know! I really want to hear your thoughts. Thanks!
As always, be blessed.